Tuesday, October 6, 2009

MATHS MAKES MEEEEE MADDD!

hey READERS!!

Well yes..

I HATE MATHS!

And I always hope that I could avoid maths. However, I still had to take maths in poly!!! and guess wad people? Today's maths problem kills most of my brain juices. I slept for more than 10hours last night but I was already drained after having 2-3hours of maths. Not even to say about preparing for the presentation. I'm full of stress and helplessness during the second break out (WORKING lunch). I had no idea how to solve the problem even I quite a fab n quick lunch with my ex-classmatesssssssss. (the Ss stands for the number of people present!)

oh yea, and thank you nigel for the lovely earrings that u've bought from wads that again?..Gothic princess (:

Well..lemme show you something new. Its the reflection journal. Well..its just this journal where RP students had to write everyday after class to reflect on certain things and also can add comments about their team mates.

So, lemme share this with you guys.

This was the question posted:

Question: What are some of your past experiences in Mathematics that might be conditioning how you are currently feeling about this module? Considering the effects of the Baby Elephant Syndrome, write about what you sincerely want to achieve for this A114 Mathematics II Module in this coming semester, and explain why.
Response: Honestly, I did not have any favorable past
experiences in Mathematics in the past. I have poor
grades for Mathematics ever since I was young.
Although I have passed the Mathematics examination
most of the time, but it was like a border line marks.

However, I remembered there was one time in my life
that I was motivated by myself. This is because my
PSLE aggregate was very poor because I just managed to
get the least score to enter into the express stream.
I was very depressed and felt that I could work
harder. Hence I told myself to give a new start in
secondary school and do well for the subjects. At the
start of my secondary school days, I really did well.
I was in the top 5 percent in the whole level for both
years (Secondary one and Secondary two), and most
importantly, I had passed Mathematics with flying
colors. Hence that regained my confident in
Mathematics and I thought maybe I should consider
taking Additional Mathematics during Secondary 3 and 4.

Having to cope with eight subjects was really tough. I
could not cope with the amount of work and eventually,
I felt that at that point of time, my inner self-
motivation died. My additional mathematics tests had
failed since common test two during my secondary three
days. I had not been passing mathematics and I had
completely lost interest in Maths. I had to merely
force myself to listen and pay attention during
mathematics lesson. I have found the questions so hard
to handle. I remembered those times where I had to
spend the whole hour thinking how to solve that one
particular question. Sometimes I even cried due to
frustration. I just wanted to solve the question
myself, but I could not. So I began to ask my siblings
for help and they taught me how to solve the question.
However by the time the question was solved, I was
really lazy to move on and practice the other
questions. This problem continues to moves on and I
felt that I had completely lost confident in
Mathematics.

I think this is just one of the major stumbles that I had
for Mathematics. In additional, I always could not get
the perfect answers for the workings because there
were always careless mistakes. I have checked through
my workings but I always did not spot the mistakes.
Perhaps was not thorough enough or I simply did not
practice much.

After saying so much, one of my greatest hopes is that
I must really make sure I know the concepts well and
practiced the questions in the practice questions
worksheet uploaded, so that I will be able to know my
work at fingertips.

Last but not least, I hope that I would cultivate an
interest in Mathematics and regain the confident I had
for Mathematics.


Yeap..So thats the end of today.
Thank God for keeping me well (:
& BIG THANKS TO MY TEAM MATES! :DD
(Zak, Lovein, JJ and Clement!)

BYE READERS [[:

No comments:

Post a Comment