Friday, February 19, 2010

The hopeless romantic

Hey readers! [:

I've been reading the book called the hopeless romantic handbook. Just started a few pages only but realised a lot of things and agreed to that point of view...

The hopeless romantic- chose to take the risk of never be able to be with the Mr. Right rather than being with the wrong guy. She wanted to have her own fairytale. and if it doesn't exist, at least..she waited.

For me..I'm like the hopeless romantic. But its not because I want to have my own fairytale (that guy has to be six foot tall and smart but will still have to listen to my comments. handsome and adorable), its because this life is not of my own and also about my God. So my Mr. Right must be someone who loves the Lord more than I do. Even that person might be someone that is handsome, cute, loves me, likes me, very receptive to the Lord's word, but doesn't love God more than I do, he's not my Mr. Right.

May this blog post set as a reminder to myself, that if I happened to like someone who met my earthly requirements (handsome and cute and smart and rich and loves me only etc.), I will be able to make my own stand, and if necessary, show this blog post to him so that he'd understand someday.


Food for thoughts


Like V.S. Love

Unknowingly, I shared this like v.s. love with ruoxi and kenneth (they're my banquet colleagues).

Well..the difference between like and love is that...
You can like someone now and the next minute you know, that person whom you like did something terrible to you and you dislike that person. Liking a person can fade away. Some people will refer it as chemistry. Once the chemistry is gone, you don't like that person anymore, and you don't want to be with that person anymore.

But a true relationship involves love. Love is when no matter how much that person did those terrible things to you, you're still able to forgive them and hence love them.
-Forgiving is not about ignoring what that person just did to you and tried to ignore/bear with those hurtful feelings. Its about able to accept those feelings but still graciously give that person a chance to repent (and hoping that he/she will stop making that mistake which causes you to feel annoyed in particular)


In short, love is when that person whom you liked b4 and doesn't like her/him anymore, you will still give that person your heart and it will last forever.

That person still means a lot to you.
He/she is so special that you sometimes felt so scared that because there's only one Him/Her.


Just some opinions(:

Bye readers(:

No comments:

Post a Comment